The CA is controlled by the following buttons:
overlapping CA are planted.
Hide CA-1 Hide CA-2
Out CA-1+: raise output rate Out CA-1-: reduce output rate
Out CA-2+: raise output rate Out CA-2-: reduce output rate
Injury: Injure CA-1
CA resources of the entire system.
From now and on we shall explore robot intelligence. See the introduction on this topic and do the previous experiment
When the experiment starts two overlapping zygotes are planted (click on Hide CA-2). Both CA mature to their default attractor (solution of 46 states). They are synchronous and accumulate resources to a maximum indicated by the black line. Observe the mood panel and wait until the proliferon (the system) is tranquil.
In order not to get lost investigate each mood separately.
1. Gradually raise Out CA-1 and Out CA-2 which promotes the proliferon from tranquility, to appetite, hunger and starvation.
2. Zero the rates, or click on Start and wait until the proliferon has reached tranquility and happiness. Set Out CA-1 = 0.1 and it will be sad. In order to make it happy set Out CA-2 = 0.2 . Generally when Out CA-1 > Out CA-2 the proliferon is sad and vice versa. Start again, wait for tranquility click on injury which injures only CA-1, and the system (proliferon) will become sad.
3. Whenever .the CA overlap the proliferon feels pleasure, and when they separate it will be distressed.
4. Raise Out CA-2 to 0.3 which raises the proliferon appetite. Otherwise it will be happy and feel pleasure.
5. Set Out CA-1 = 0.6 and Out CA-2 = 0.7. The proliferon is distressed and starving, but happy. Occasionally it gets some pleasure. What a life!